Exploring both what's inside my mind and out

12.19.2011

Happy

Wow. I realized this morning that I am happy. I almost wasn't going to write this in a blog because I felt I may jinx it. But, what the heck. What has contributed to this happiness? Spending time with friends I think is the answer. Not spending as much time with hubby? The new job? The new sense of accomplishment? Why am I surprised? Because it's December. Because it's dark. In fact Mary was thinking about me just before our last appointment, because it had been so dark and dreary out. I said no, I'm fine. My one complaint, ok I have many but the one at this moment, is that it's taken me until 52 to feel this. I really do need to write a letter to my younger self. Tell her to find good friends. Not to give so much to the men in her life. To enjoy youth. Not fair, not fair that I'm 52 and am finally feeling this grand. If I can keep on moving, I'll feel this grand for the next 40 years. So really, my youth was not wasted on my young self. Yes, yes, I say yes to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home