Exploring both what's inside my mind and out

5.03.2013

Prayer

So its been 4 years since I kind of turned my back on religion. Or should I say organized religion. Not God, just those that profess him. Well, I guess God missed our conversations and brought a few too many stressors into my life so I had no choice but to talk with him. I've always loved Anne Lamotts writing. She has a way of sharing her faith without being in your face or throwing all that guilt around. I began to read her new book "help, thanks, wow". I threw out just the "help" prayer and you know what? I feel better. The stressors aren't gone but i feel calmer. I've also been doing some writing, here, and reading some other interesting books. I googled "how to handle getting old" and after much tweaking of the question, found this woman who has written several books. "Put old on hold", "no more little old ladies" and she recommended "bless the stress", cause it means your alive. So far they are fun and thought provoking books. And so, I'm beginning to feel like myself again. Thanks. Not quite to the wow stage but i feel it coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home